A project presented in collaboration with Science Career Impact Project
Milestone dates to remember:
Launch Event – Monday, February 13th, 2017 from 6:30-9:00pm, PGCRL (686 Bay St.) Event Room 1
Research Topic Deadline – Monday, March 13th, 2017
- 1 sentence summarizing research statement (goal/thesis) and target audience
- 2-3 bullets describing research methods and planned resources
Please submit one submission per team . These will be shared with all participants at Interim Event.
Interim Event – Thursday, April 6th, 2017 from 6:30-9:00pm, PGCRL (686 Bay St.) Event Room 1
Closing Event – Thursday, May 25th, 2017 from 6:30-9:00pm, PGCRL (686 Bay St.) Event Room 1
How to Apply
Trainee applications are now closed for the 2017 cycle.
We are seeking experienced industry professionals to guide their project teams in their area of expertise. Facilitator Registration Form .
What is the purpose?
Gain hands-on industry experience while in graduate school! Investigate a product or therapeutic area and develop a compelling report to convince an audience to invest … to partner … to follow a strategy.
Over a 4-month period, you and your team, coached by an industry professional (Facilitator), will analyze and derive insights about your topic of interest. Topics may include market events, clinical data, regulatory and reimbursement filings and approvals, or commercialization potential. After defining a compelling thesis and conducting in-depth research, you will deliver a pitch in the form of report and presentation to an industry panel.
- Cross-Study comparison of safety and efficacy of two drugs for the treatment of a disease (Competitive analysis)
- Probability of regulatory approval in Canada of a new drug (Licensing due diligence)
- Efficacy and safety of an investigational drug for the treatment of a disease (Presentation to physicians)
Why should you participate?
Benefits For Trainees:
- Gain practical skills and knowledge valued by pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies while in grad school.
- Hands on experience that can help supplement any job application.
- Network with peers and professionals
- Improve job-seeker profile and ‘value offering’ towards your portfolio of experience.
Benefits for Facilitators:
- Gain leadership and people development experience
- Network with talented trainees and professionals
- Give back to the academic community by providing insight and tips to graduates, interested on exploring their options after graduation.